checkt values the privacy of users who visit and use the checkt services(Collectively or individually, “you”, “your ”or “users”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the site. The services of checkt.gg is operated by The Match Lab, Inc. (checkt, “we”, “our” or “us”)
This policy is current as of the effective date set below. Please note that we may change this policy if required and will post any such changes to this Policy on this site, which shall be effective immediately upon posting.
Effective Date: 11th Jan 2021
How checkt Uses Your Personal Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide Goods and Services, such as various contents and personalized service
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including notifying you of major checkt services updates, sending you promotional materials and giving opportunities to participate in such promotions.
- In some cases, we may share your information for civil affairs purposes in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process. Also, if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Retention Of Your Information
checkt maintains data related to your usage of checkt for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in the policy forth above.
- For as long as we serve the purpose of providing Goods and Services to you
- Marketing and promotional purpose: 6 months after the promotional event
- For as long as the information is required for the civil affairs purposes.
Your Rights And Choices
You have rights to contact us at any time for the following agendas:
- To receive your personal data
- To rectify your inaccurate personal data
- To ask for a deletion of your data
- To restrict our processing of personal data
The Personal Information That We Collect From You
- checkt is collecting the following personal information from you:
- Goods and services purpose: Your Email and Summoner’s name
- Marketing and Promotional Purpose : Your Email and Summoner’s name
- Civil Affairs Purposes: Your Email
- Also, in the process of using the internet service, the following information is automatically generated:
Your IP address, Cookies, connection logs, service usage and history etc.
This information may be recorded and collected by us.
Cookies And Other Tracking mechanisms
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our sites and services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our sites and services.
- We also use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), on our sites and services. We do not use Google Analytics to gather information that personally identifies you. You can either use Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on service, or disable cookies in order to opt out of tracking of Google analytics.
In order to protect the personal information you provided, we are taking three types of measures:
- Administrative Measure : Establishing and implementing the Internal management plan, Regular staff training
- Technological Measure : Accessibility management of information security system, Personal identifiable information encryption
- Physical Measure : Access control to data archival
Department In Charge Of Personal Information
- Name of the department: Development Team
- Person in charge: CTO Han Seung Lee
- Contact: email@example.com
EU Privacy Statement
Notice of Privacy Rights to EU Data Subjects
For persons located in the European Economic Area (“EU Data Subjects”), commencing on May 25th, 2018 and in case of inquiries to our affiliated companies in Europe (such as orders or applications), we will process your personal information in accordance with the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) according to which you have the following rights:
- You have the right to information as to whether or not and to which extent we process which of your personal information.
- You have the right to object the processing of your data based on Article 6 (1) (e), (f) of the GDPR on grounds relating to your particular situation at any time.
- You have the right to rectification of any inaccurate personal information about you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- You have the right to the erasure of your personal information without undue delay unless we have a legitimate interest to keep the information, such as in the event we need the information to execute an agreement with you.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, unless we have a legitimate interest to continue processing the information for the purpose in respect to which you requested the restriction. For example, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal information for this purpose. You have the right to receive your personal information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format – data portability. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent at any time.
If you are an EU Data Subject and wish to exercise any of the foregoing rights, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe our processing of your personal information violates data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged violation. You may exercise any of your rights in this section in relation to your personal data by written notice to us at the following email address: email@example.com
For EU Data Subjects, we rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- The legal bases for the processing of information we obtain while you visit our Sites or use our Services are the performance of a contract with respect to the use of our Sites and Services (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR) and our legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR) in improving the performance of our Sites and Services.
- The legal basis for the processing of information we obtain through email messages or forms is your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
- The legal basis for the processing of obtained information related to your interest in purchasing our products and Services is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR (steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract).
- The legal bases for the processing of information we obtain in the course of your registration are performance of a contract (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR) and your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
- The legal basis for the processing of information we obtain through your subscription to our e-mail alerts and/or newsletters is your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
- The legal basis for the transmission of information to third-party contractors, agents, business partners, sales representatives, or service providers is performance of the contract (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR) and legitimate interest (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR).
- The legal basis for the transmission of information to third parties in case we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or any other transaction is our legitimate interest (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR) in preparing and executing the applicable measure.
- The legal basis for the transmission of information to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties is the compliance with a legal obligation (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c GDPR).
- The legal basis for the transmission of information to our legal counsel and other consultants in connection with actual or potential litigation is our legitimate interest (Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR) in receiving consulting services.
We will only send EU Data Subjects marketing emails or contact EU Data Subjects regarding marketing matters where they have agreed to this, such as by subscribing to our newsletters, email lists, filling out our contact forms or sending us email inquiries. As noted above, we may personalize the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of the Sites. If you subscribe to a newsletter you will be needed to confirm your e-mail address by clicking on a link in an e-mail conformation we send you.
California Privacy Statement
The following provision applies to users in the State of California. We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes, then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personally identifiable information. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Service and may retain your information in anonymized form perpetually for the purpose of improving the Service. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements. As explained in this Policy, we share your personally identifiable information in order to provide and improve our Services.